Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Freelancin' is fun


This spring I have been working on many different freelance projects and have enjoyed all of them. Below are some of the things I have been doing

This is my cousin Kelsey's High School Graduation invitation that I was more than happy to do! Kelsey is a fun and outgoing girl who wanted an invitation that wasn't 'boring'. I have known her to love pink and all things girly since she was young so I decided to try pink, even though her school colors were orange and black. She was thrilled to see pink on her invites and told me she didn't want orange in the first place and that I read her mind!





This piece is a poster done for a young entrepreneur who wanted to promote his new weekend business. I came up with a logo for Landworks and than began designing the posters which were meant to be hung in local business and we really wanted them to pop out amongst the other posters on bulletin boards and such. He said "this is a hick business, but I don't want it too look major hick, just a little." So I incorporated things from the wilderness, but still managed to keep it not too 'hickish' and still able to reach our target audience.





My addiction to design and cute babies drove me to design ALOT of baby announcements when my family started reproducing at very high rates! Seven of my cousins are giving birth to eight babies in 2009, yep that's a lot of babies in one year! Here is one of the many I did up before the bulk of these babies were/have been born. This is Gracelyn Kate, the daughter of my cousin Jenna, whom happen to buy an amazing Nikon camera before the birth of her adorable baby girl so I was thrilled to take tons of pictures of their little bundle of joy!




I have also been designing a couple wedding invites and stationery this spring, one for a fellow classmate and the other for a close friend of mine....but they are not yet all complete so you will have to check in later to see them!






No comments:

Post a Comment